The famous nine acre "Gangster Island" is on the 3430 acre North/South Twin lakes. It is one the nicest islands in Northern Wisconsin with 2760 feet of sand/gravel frontage, and the water is clear and deep. The fishing is outstanding with a "class A" musky/walleye rating, and a major snowmobile trail runs across the lake. Own a part of history: Originally owned by Hart, Shaffner & Marx clothier; then in the 1920's and 30's the personal physician of Al Capone (local lore tells that the island was patrolled by guards with machine guns, coining the identification of Gangster Island); from 1940-93 the famed Kohler Family owned it and it was utilized as a Wisconsin Governor's summer retreat; and since was owned by the Camp Birch Knoll Girls Camp. It has a nearby mainland access lot with pier, and the 3100 sq. ft. vintage home has 6 bed rooms and 2 baths, and lakeside guest cottage.